Innovating for Society
TRANSITION Spark Event
7th April 2014, Radisson Hotel, Sligo
9.30am – 2.00pm
- Do you have an innovative idea with potential social impact?
- Has your idea already generated positive social impact in your original location and do you want to scale it up?
- Are you looking for support to scale up your idea, product or service?
The TRANSITION Spark Event is designed to detect, connect, and inspire social innovators and entrepreneurs and involve them in the scaling up process.
TRANSITION – Transnational Network for Social Innovation Incubation is a 30 month EU funded project aiming at scaling up 300 Social Innovations across Europe. TRANSITION offers a new opportunity to Social Innovators willing to enter the social innovation journey, explore new opportunities, meet new fellow innovators, listen to new mentors and open new horizons. Building up a European Network of Social Innovation Incubation stakeholders (ESIIN), TRANSITION aims to identify and test a range of tools and methodologies for supporting social innovation across Europe.
Speakers to include:
- Mr. Ruairí McKiernan of Community.ie www.community.ie
- Mr. Mike Feerick of Alison www.alison.com and also of Ireland XO www.irelandxo.com
- Mr. Sean Coughlan of Social Entrepreneurs Ireland www.socialentrepreneurs.ie
- Mr. David O’Neill of Uppiddee www.uppiddee.com
- Ms. Pauline Ross of The Playhouse, Derry www.derryplayhouse.co.uk
Join us in our TRANSITION Spark Session events and learn more about TRANSITION. To register for the event, click on https://www.eventbite.ie/e/innovating-for-society-transition-spark-event-tickets-10988000405
– Seamus McCormack, WestBIC – Tel (086) 2574978 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Ultan Faherty, WestBIC – Tel (074) 9186070 or email email@example.com