This WP, led by the Young Foundation, is the core of the project. Its focus is the scaling up of around 300 social innovation ideas through a focused range of activities:
12 “Spark Session” workshops, delivered at the beginning of each round of scaling, having a dual purpose:
- To act as the initial dissemination vehicle to announce and promote the project and attract social innovation ideas to the project
- To act as the first delivery of scaling support, on a mass-scale, with the desired outcome of identifying a smaller number of SIs that can be taken into the intensive support programme.
Two rounds of scaling support (phase 1 staring in month 6, phase 2 starting in month18) based on:
- A call for proposals to augment the list of SIs attracted to the Spark Sessions
- An assessment of the proposals to identify those who can benefit from support
- An intensive support package (up to 10 months) to help scale-up and transfer the SIs between locations